Friday, April 3, 2009

Remember when you'd go on a date and feel butterflies? Yea, me either....

To add to Ivy's post, I also have found myself dating just to date recently.  Despite all my friends telling me not to give Mr. Not that Attractive, Mr. Not that Intelligent, Mr. I wear Man Uggs, and Mr. Even less Attractive a chance, I do.  And yes, I do use dumb excuses like, well he's nice, or he plays a sport, or he plays the drums, or he looks like he's a 300 cast member (because really, those are my standards at this point...)

But you want to know the worst part about this.  I am dating (drunkenly hooking up with at bars) with these guys, who my friends warn me about, and somehow, in the end, I get screwed over, and not in the good way.  For some reason, the guys who everyone tells me I'm too [insert compliment-able adjectives here] for, dump me first.

So basically I've found dating to date leads to this: I become interested in someone that I'm really not totally into. I attempt dating someone that I shouldn't bother dating. I get screwed over. And it's by someone I really didn't even like all that much in the first place.

This is not fun.  Dating should not be "go out with the nearest living male because he exists and is there". It needs to be because you actually like him as a person. Not because he plays the drums. Or is pretty. (although I will not judge if you want to have a little fun with those boys)

Wanting to Feel Butterflies Again,
Ally 

No comments:

Post a Comment